So things did not work out with Mr or Miss Right. They seemed so perfect and just like everything you wanted. It feels like the end of the world and you are thrown into a level of discouragement and despair. Well, here is the good news. It is not the end of the world and there are plenty fish just waiting for you to catch them. One can not say for sure that things happen for a reason, but one can say that things happen. When they do, you need to be prepared for them and your strategies to move on. After any sort of break up and or rejection from someone you were interested in there is a cycle of things to expect. Once you get past this cycle, you are good as new and ready to move forward! Here are some tips to help you get over a breakup and to discover the plenty fish that are swimming all around you.
- It is OK to feel sad. You are human and rejection hurts. Although it will not last forever it will last for some amount of time. How long you want to sit and dwell in the past is up to you. There are obvious factors such as the duration of the relationship and your level of interest that factor into how long you might be in the breakup cycle, but no matter what the case you can fully heal. The first step is to deal with your sadness. If you want to spend an evening listening to sad songs and being by yourself, then do it. Just do not make it a habit. Release your sadness! If you have a friend you can talk to or someone else that is even better.
- Every breakup is based on different reasons. Some involve levels of bitterness and anger. Come to a point in your mind where you can forgive and forget. This might seem impossible right off the bat but the more you work on it the better you will be. Hate does nothing but manifest in your heart, creating an ugly void of love that you could share with the next person. letting go is hard, forgiving is hard, but promised once you do you will be a better person inside and out.
- Do something active. Exercise is like medicine for your brain, which controls your emotions. Even if you do not have the energy to exercise, make yourself get out there for a walk, a jog or what ever else you enjoy. Try to stick with it, you are doing your mind and body a big favor.
- Get out around people. Humans are meant to be social, that is why in prison people who are really bad get locked away by their self. That absence of human interaction is a form of punishment. Do not punish yourself. get out there!
- Find a new hobby or interest. Keep your mind active! Renew and reinvent yourself. This is very important.
While it may feel like you are the only one going through what you are feeling, you are not alone. You can find external resources on the internet where other people feel the same way you do. most of the time withing a circle of friends you can find someone who is also going through the same thing breakups and rejection are common.
Back to the “plenty fish” part of everything, there are literally millions of single people all across the planet. Get out and meet someone! You can meet people in online dating sites, social networks, sporting events, night clubs and just about anywhere you can think of. Create a pof login! Do not isolate yourself, get out there and meet plenty fish!
Last words of advice, do something nice for someone less fortunate than you. The more positive you are and the positivity you promote, the better you will feel. You will also be drawing attention from your past and moving on to the future.